Founded in 1968 by the physicians of Lancaster County Medical Society, Nebraska Community Blood Bank was established to ensure a safe and stable supply of blood for patients in area hospitals. As our community grows, so does our need for blood. As a vital nonprofit, we help local businesses fulfill their social responsibility commitments and sustain lives.
Meaningful partnerships, a life-saving difference
At Nebraska Community Blood Bank, our blood drive programs are comprehensive, flexible, and easy to implement. We put our expertise and community knowledge to work to provide a positive experience at every touchpoint. That’s why nearly 200 businesses and organizations hold 500 blood drives with us each year.
- We offer businesses, schools, and other civic organizations in our community many ways to make a difference.
- We are proud members of area Chambers of Commerce including Omaha, Lincoln, Fairbury, and Seward
- We partner with dozens of high schools to engage young people in our mission
- Our Advisory Board brings local leaders together to support our mission
- We partner with a variety of groups, including the Nebraska Coaches Association, Born and Raced in Nebraska (BRIN), Streets Alive!, UNL Residence Life, Leadership Lincoln, Bryan Health’s Stop the Bleed campaign, One Day without Shoes, and CEDARS
- We conduct blood typing, lunch and learns, and other informative presentations
Investing in our community
- We award $25,000 annually in scholarships to Nebraska high schools to help graduating seniors pursue future studies
- Our annual Hometown Heroes campaign awards up to $1,500 to communities that partner with Nebraska Community Blood Bank to host summer blood drives
- Our annual Employee Giving Campaign raises funds for the United Way and Community Health Charities of Nebraska
We are Nebraska
No one understands the need for blood in Nebraska better than Nebraska Community Blood Bank. With a legacy of being good stewards of blood donors’ generous gifts, we proudly connect those who give with those in need.
"Union Bank and Trust started hosting blood drives with Nebraska Community Blood Bank more than 15 years ago. The staff take a genuine interest in each of our donors, and our donors always know they are in the best possible hands.”
—Tanya Lebsock, Assistant Vice President, Investment & Trust Division Compliance