Be a Hometown Hero
This summer you can give back to communities outside the greater Lincoln and Omaha city limits who join in our mission to help save lives.
Donate blood at an upcoming Hometown Heroes blood drive or join our Hometown Heroes blood drive campaign by sponsoring a blood drive. The summer program, which runs from Memorial Day to Labor Day, awards communities that pull together for the cause of blood donation with monetary funds for a community or organizational project.
Download the Hometown Heroes Guidelines to see if your community qualifies to become a Hometown Hero, and let’s work together to build a hometown of life-saving heroes!
In 2017, 18 Hometown Hero campaign recipients collected 1,042 life-saving units of blood and were awarded more than $6,8000 collectively!
- C&L Hardware, $161
- Beaver Crossing Fire Hall, $217
- the Alexis Project, $859
- Byron Community, $343
- Dorchester Fire Department, $376
- Kipton's Krew, $154
- Jefferson Community Health & Life, $481
- Malcolm Fire Department, $126
- SCC Milford, $1,500
- Cattle National Bank, $273
- Faith Lutheran Church, $588
- Plains Equipment Group, $196
- Tamora Fire Department, $308
- Utica Senior Center, $434
- Waco Fire Hall (hosted by Monsanto), $315
- First United Methodist Church of Waverly, $175
- Waverly American Legion, $189
- Mycogen Seeds/NE Correctional Center for Women, $161
Email or call 402-486-9414 to learn more about helping save lives in our community.