When you partner with Nebraska Community Blood Bank as a blood drive sponsor, you help save and sustain lives right here at home. You can play a critical role in ensuring that the blood our neighbors, friends, co-workers, and family members need is available.
The process is easy. The rewards are life changing.
From start to finish, a dedicated Donor Recruitment Account Manager will help you plan and execute your blood drive, guiding you through each step of the process. And Getting Started is easy!
Saving lives amid COVID-19
Nebraska Community Blood Bank is rescheduling blood drives that have been impacted by COVID-19, and working with partner organizations to host drives at places that may now have remote employment.
More than half of the blood we collect comes from community blood drives, and blood donation is essential during these challenging times. Many precautions are being taken at all donation sites to ensure donor and staff safety, and your Account Manager will help make sure all necessary steps are taken at your event, including:
- An additional COVID-19 donor self-screening policy
- Requiring donors and staff to wear a face mask or covering
- Asking donors to schedule appointments ahead of time; walk-ins may be accommodated based on capacity
- Practicing social distancing on and off bloodmobiles; donors may be asked to wait outside of the donation area until their appointment, and registration and canteen areas will be located outside of bloodmobiles
- Additional cleaning and disinfecting procedures between donors
Learn more about COVID-19 precautions at Nebraska Community Blood Bank.